Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Reflections

Over the murky waters
of the Tonle Sap rivers
I cruised beneath
the scorching heat

I heard
a little girl's cries
I searched
nothing was before my eyes

Then she appeared
in rags of red
A tattered cap
over her head

In a tin bucket
cross-legged she sat
An oar in her hand
was all she had

Her desire was
simple and clear
All she wanted
was just a dollar

From my purse
I answered her plea
To her outstreched hands
that accepted with glee

With a flick of her oar
just as she appeared from no where
She vanished into the horizon
and disappeared into thin air

I truly admire
the courage of
the little child peddlar
or rather
the red brave warrior
of Tonle Sap river

Though how choppy and filthy
the waters are
I realised
how blessed my life has been so far

If you are reading this on your screen
take a sec to reflect
how fortunate in life you have been
for what are our complaints and worries
to those whose life since birth
are burdened with miseries...

No comments: