Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Breathtaking Broga

As crazy as my pals think I am
I managed to wake up at 4 a.m.
Dragged my feet
Just to meet
At the Trail Trekkers Den

Through the highways
To the Broga Hills
Just thinking 'bout sunrise
Brought such thrills

To our surprise
There were cars, cars, and cars before our eyes!
To think that we were crazy
To wake up so early
This just proves that
there are folks madder than we!

In pitch-black darkness
The beam of torchlights
Illuminated the winding trail
The sound of footsteps
Echoing throughout the travail

On the hill there was already a crowd
which my disturbed soul found a little too loud
Looking up to the clouds
I stopped awhile at the second peak
Just in time to see the rays peek

Eager to get away
from the incessant chatter
Towards the third summit
I began to wander

As dawn broke, a gentle breeze
Orchestrated a symphony of rustling leaves
Through the clouds of gray,
the golden sunrays made their way
Painting the world
In a psychedellic array

As the sombre, slow darkness fell away
A solitary, orange tint sung the begining of a new day
With the horizon blooming into a soft ultramarine
The surroundings danced
to a serenade of shades of green

The maestro of pigment
The conductor of colour
The spectrum's director
Is nothing else but Light
And for that I am glad

That I am blessed with sight

A lil' incident previously
Had left me rather unhappy
But after basking in such beauty
Drowned in nature's melody
I found a sense of serenity
Thus I headed down, with a wee smile
Ready again to face the days ahead of me

1 comment:

Eddie Tuen said...

Such economy of words... ;) efficient... I like it ;)