Monday, February 23, 2009

My First Fright

Without enough sleep the night before
I drifted to the office still caught in mid-snore
Still wondering how was I to get through the day
When a surprise stopped my yawn in mid-way

"There's a raid on today,
And the role of a leader you'll have to play"
I rubbed my eyes
The sleepiness vanished into thin air
As my jaw dropped into a stare

I gave my head a slight shake
Could it be a mistake?
But it was simply not an error
For in front of me was no one but the deputy director!

Always a team member
Never before the Raiding Officer
I took over the Ops Order
Trying to revise the law as far as I could remember!

Acts and its' Legislations
Sections and Regulations
Oh my, was I
Driven to a state of agitation!
Which fortunately had subside
After a quick revision :P

Hoping that my memory wldnt fail
With my mates I hopped onto the X-trail
Driven to the target spot
To execute the given job

Being on tenterhooks
Remembering all in the books
The raid went on rather well
And this is all I am allowed to tell

It was over finally
The fright turned out to be
A great learning experience for me

No comments: